Created By: BHG.com
Time: 30 Min
Portion: 4 servings
- 8 ounces dried cavatappi, fusilli, rotini, ditaloni, or other short pasta tubes
- 1 15- to 19-ounce can cannellini (white kidney) beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 plum tomatoes, coarsely chopped (about 2 cups)
- 12 ounces cooked chicken, shredded
- 1/4 cup snipped fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Fresh Italian flat-leaf parsley sprigs (optional)
- Olive oil (optional)
1. In a large saucepan, cook pasta according to package directions; drain well and set aside.
2. In a blender or food processor, combine 3/4 cup of the beans and the chicken broth. Cover and blend or process until smooth. Place bean puree in pan used for cooking the pasta; bring to boiling. Return pasta to pan.
3. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon hot olive oil for 1 minute. Add tomatoes; cook for 1 minute. Add the remaining beans, shredded chicken, snipped parsley, pepper, and salt. Heat through.
4. Add the tomato mixture to hot pasta; toss to coat. Top with parsley sprigs and additional olive oil. Serve immediately