Difficutly: very easy
Time: 1 Hour
Portion: 2 servings
1. place egg whites in a large mixing bowl, let stand at room temperature for 30 min
2. in another mixing bowl, cream butter, 3/4 cup sugar until light and fluffy
3. beat in vanilla
4. combine flour, baking powder, and salt and add to creamed mixture alternately with milk
5. beat egg whites on medium speed until soft peaks form.
6. gradually beat in remaining sugar, on high until stiff glossy peaks form and sugar is dissolved
7. fold in remaining whites
8. with a spoon, gently fill lined muffin cups two-thirds full
9. bake at 350 for 18-22 minutes
10. cool for 10 minutes before removing froms pans to wire racks to cool completely
11. for icing, in a small mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and butter until smooth.
12. gradually beat in congectioners' sugar and lemon juice
13. spread over cupcakes, top with berries