Time: 1 Hour
Portion: 8 servings
- 1 Lb frsh asparagus
- 2 C broccoli florets
- 1 Medium onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1Tbsp olive oil
- 1 carrot sliced
- 1 medium red pepper chopped
- 1 medium yellow pepper chopped
- 1 C whipping cream
- 1/2 C chicken soup
- 3 green onions chopped
- 2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 oz uncooked linguine broken
- 1/2 LB fresh mushrooms sliced
- 1 C grated Parmesean cheese
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- snap off tough ends of asparagus.
- Cut asparagus.
- Place asparagus and broccoli floweretts in vegeatble steamer over boiling water.
- Cover and steam 6-8 minutes or until crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Saute onion and garlic in oil.
- Add carrots and peppers.
- Saute until crisp tender.
- Remove from heat and drain.
- Combine cream, broth, green onions, basil and salt.
- Cook over medium high heat 5 minutes stirring occassionally.
- Cook linguine according to pkg directions. Drain well and place in large serving bowl.
- Add vegetables, cream mixture and mushrooms.
- Toss gently
- Sprinkle with cheese and pepper
- Serve immediately.