Created By: Rachael Ray
Time: 45 Min
Portion: 4 servings
- 1 pound whole wheat spaghetti
- 1/4-1/3 cup smooth or chunky peanut butter, softened (eyeball it)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup warm water (eyeball it)
- 1/4 cup Tamari (dark soy sauce)
- 1 clove garlic, grated with microplane or box grater
- Juice of 2 limes, zest of 1
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce (eyeball it)
- 3 tablespoons vegetable, peanut or sunflower oil (eyeball it)
- 2 cups store-bought rotisserie chicken meat, skin removed and thinly sliced
- A handful of shredded carrots
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced on an angle
- 1 cup spinach greens, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup chopped peanuts, available in small pouches in the baking aisle
- 2 tablespoons chopped cilantro or flat leaf parsley, whichever you prefer
Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Once boiling, salt water liberally, then drop pasta in and cook to al dente. Run cooked pasta under cold water to cool. Drain well and reserve.
While the water is coming to a boil and the pasta is cooking, whisk together softened peanut butter, honey and warm water in a large bowl.
Once they're combined, whisk in the Tamari, garlic, lime juice and zest and hot sauce.
While whisking continuously, pour the oil in a steady stream to complete the dressing. Add noodles, veggies and peanuts to the bowl and toss until everything is mixed well. Place noodles in shallow bowls and top with chicken and cilantro or parsley.