Difficutly: very easy
Time: 2 Hours 30 Min
Portion: 10 servings
2 garlic cloves, chopped
1 tsp. oregano
1 Tbsp. cumin
1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. chili powder
2 lbs. ground beef
1 8oz can tomato sauce
1 tsp. salt
1/4 cup masa (corn flour, found in Mexican food section)
1 can pinto beans, drained
1 can kidney beans, drained
1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
1 can diced tomatoes and green chiles
1. Begin by measuring out the spices.
2. Place the ground beef in a large pot and throw in the garlic. Cook the beef until brown, drain off the excess fat.
3. Pour in the tomato sauce, followed by spices and salt. Stir together well, cover, and reduce heat to low. Cover the pot and simmer for 1 hour, stirring occasionally. Add 1/2 cup water if mixture gets too dry.
4. After an hour, place masa in a small bowl. Add 1/2 cup water and stir together with a fork.
5. Dump the masa mixture into the chili. Stir together well. Adjust seasonings to taste. Add beans and tomatoes. Simmer for 10 minutes.
Serve with shredded cheddar, fritos, etc.