Created By: Caroline Casselberry
Time: 1 Hour 30 Min
Portion: 8 servings
2 cups wheat flour
3-4 cups flour
2 packages active dry yeast (5 teaspoons)
1 tablespoon sugar
2 teaspoons salt
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
2 cups mild
1/2 cup water
1. Mix four cups flour, yeast, sugar, slat and baking soda on low-medium speed for one minute.
2. Combine mild and water in a saucepan. Heat on low until warm (120-130).
3. Gradually add liquids to flour mixture for 30 seconds on medium speed. mix one minute longer.
4. Continue on medium speed while adding remaining flour 1/2 cup at a time. Mix 3-5 minutes. Dough will be very sticky.
5. Spread dough into two round cake pans that have been greased and sprinkled iwht cornmeal.
6. Cover and let rise in a warm place, free from draft for 45 minutes.
7. Bake at 400 for 25 minutes, remove from pans immediately.