Created By: Taste of the Territory
Time: 1 Hour 30 Min
Portion: 10 servings
1 (8-10 inch) round firm loaf of bread
2 cups sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 (3 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
1 1/2 cups dairy sour cream
1 cup cooked ham or dried beef, diced
1/2 cup chopped green onions
1 (4 1/2 ounce) can chopped green chiles, drained
1 teaspoon worcestershire sauce
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon butter, melted
1. Slice off top of bread, reserve. Hollow out inside leaving 1/2 inch shell. Cut removed bread into 1 inch cubes. Reserve for toasting.
2. Combine cheddar, cream cheese and sour cream in a bowl. Stir in meat, green onion, chiles and worcestershire sauce. Spoon into bread shell. Replace top of bread.
3. Wrap the loaf tightly in several layers of heavy duty foil. Place on a cookie sheet.
4. Bake at 350 for 1 hour and 10 minutes or until cheese is melted and heated throughout
5. Stir together oil and butter and toss bread cubes. Place on a cookie sheet and bake at 350 for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
6. Serve fondue with toasted bread cubes, assorted fresh vegetable or chips and crackers.