Created By: Taste of Home (Brenda Marschall)
Time: 20 Min
Portion: 8 servings
2 cups uncooked spiral pasta
2 pounds ground beef
2 small onions, chopped
1 garlic clove, minced
1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 pound Velveeta, cubed
2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, cook the beef, onions, and garlic over medium heat until meat is no longer pink; drain.
- Stir in spaghetti sauce and mushrooms; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Place 1/2 cup of meat sauce in a greased shallow 2-1/2 qt. baking dish
- Drain pasta; place half over the sauce
- Top with half of the remaining meat sauce
- Spread with sour cream
- Top with the Velveeta cheese, remaining pasta and meat sauce
- Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese
- Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25-30 minutes
- Uncover and bake for 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly